Prospective Work Study On-Campus Employer
Please refer to the Work-Study–Intranet Tab for on-campus work-study job recruitment instructions.
Prospective Work-Study Off-Campus Employer
The following type of employers may be eligible to participate in the program:
- Institutions of postsecondary education.
- Appropriately licensed nonprofit organizations.
- For-profit business entities (employer producing goods or providing service for sale or release to others).
- State and federal agencies.
The following types of employers may NOT be eligible to participate:
- Any church or entity that has a direct association with a controlling sectarian organization (such as church sponsored day-care centers or educational institutions). However, religiously affiliated hospitals may be allow to participate if certain conditions are met.
- Any employer who does not comply with appropriate federal, state and civil rights laws.
- Any employer who will not pay comparable pay rates.
- Any elected official who would use the student’s work to enhance their political goals.
- Student who own or are part owners of a business.
Positions Offered by the Employer
Work performed by a student may not be sectarian related and may not involve any partisan political activity. Each position offered by the employer must be reviewed for compliance with the following conditions:
- The position will have a clear connection to the educational and/or career interests of potential student employees.
- It will not result in displacement of regular workers.
- The rate of pay will be comparable to that of other employees in the organization engaged in similar work, and consistent with applicable minimum wages for the locality where the student is employed.
- It will be nonsectarian and non-partisan.
Please review the State Work-Study Employer Handbook for more details.
Hire a Work-Study Student - Application Packet
All employers (both new and returning) must submit a Work-Study Application packet before recruiting for open positions. Please submit the application packet to the Financial Aid Office.
A completed packet contains: