International Student Orientation
All new international students at Pierce College complete a free orientation to meet other international students and prepare for a successful experience in the U.S.
The orientation includes:
- Placement testing and academic advising. These services ensure you take the right classes for your program of study. Students may need to take placements tests in English, math and reading. In addition, students in the Intensive English Program or those who have not yet submitted proof of English proficiency will need to take a proficiency test.
- Registration for classes.
- Introduction to American life and culture.
- A campus tour, including a visit to the International Office.
- Visits to local area attractions.
- Fun, social events with other new students.
To find an orientation, see the International Academic Calendar.